THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, October 25, 2008

At Last

Well people, it has happened. Those of you who don't know our real estate history are about to get the play by play. It's sad and pitiful, but that's just because I get attached easily. Stroll with me down memory lane...
August 2007 : Bright and shiny young couple, soon to be wed, find cute 1920's fixer upper. Perfect first house. Offer made, unknown person swoops in and steals home, said couple left disappointed, but still hopeful.
September 07-January 08 : Couple search endlessly, no home to be found. Forced to rent (ugh).
August 08: House is found, too good to be true. 26 acres, foreclosure, lots of work needed, in our price range. Offer made to evil bank, evil bank rejects. Again, offered and rejected. Third time, we find out someone else swiped it from us. Sad, sad day.
August 08: Mike considers divorcing me. On the papers he cites "Ridiculous amount of whining" as the source, but backs out at the last second, remembering the fact that I am the mother of our two dog-children, and the visitation agreements would not be suitable.
October 08: Again, house is found, offer is made, offer is accepted, closing Nov. 21st. Oh happy day!

Ok, so when I write it all out, it doesn't look that bad. But please know that my hopes and dreams were dashed upon the rocks with each failed housing attempt. Fate peed in my sweet tea, and I did not enjoy it. I know, I know, wah wah wah. However, things are lookin up. Though we haven't closed on the house yet, the seller actually signed a contract, which is a first! We are getting the house inspected and appraised, and if all goes according to plan we will be homeowners the Friday before Thanksgiving. Can I get an amen?

More details on the house later, but for now, may I welcome you to the Griffin's!

1 comments:

Betty said...

You make me laugh. I like the part about peeing in sweet tea the best! And instead of making a comment on both, here's what i think of the newest one: I think you should tell us (your loyal readers) all your ideas to fix it up, we are curious! And I LOVE the layout of your blog, how did you do that? And you are SUCH a good writer. This blog is going to be a hit! But when you're as big as Pioneer woman, please remember the little people (with big waists).