THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 10, 2008

Anniversary Special


Today is our first anniversary! Just yesterday we walked down the isle it seems, boy does time fly! So, for this special edition post I will be comparing renovation ideas to aspects of our relationship. This could get a little crazy!


Alright first off, we would like to paint the walls. Painting to me is one of those things you are really excited about until about 15 minutes into it, and then you're over it and want to be done. Hmm, I can't think of how that's like Mike and I, I'll get back to this one.


This isn't off to a good start...


Secondly, one day we'd like to replace the flooring. The kitchen and bathrooms are a nice 1994 linoleum which will be exiting soon (hopefully). Downstairs we are thinking about a solid pine wide plank or Australian cypress hardwoods in the entryway, kitchen, dining room, and living room. In the bathrooms we'll probably go with tile (big, I like the 18 inch monsters). This is like our relationship because........ though it hasn't always been pretty (1994 linoleum), it has always been solid (hardwoods). Haha this is so cheesy. No, but really, one of the things I love most about Mikey is that he is steady as a rock, firm and consistent, and he is somehow insusceptible to normal human mood swings.


Oh wait, I thought of one for painting. We are both stubborn. Like, two people that should never be in the same room kind of stubborn. Fights last DAYS with us, and not because we are mad, but because we both want the last word, so when all is worked out one of us will throw in a comment and get it all started again. I'm so bad that I whisper all the reasons he's wrong in his ear when he's asleep. Stubborn has to do with painting because, ummm, well, it's only fun to be fighting for about 15 minutes, and then you've blabbed all you need to get out and you just want to go back to normal, but being stubborn the way that we are prevents that whole "lets just let it go" phenomenon from occurring, so you're stuck in an argument that you don't really care about anymore. Same as painting, after a little while you're not into it and you're stuck with a half painted wall and no enthusiasm to complete it. Phew, I had to really reach deep on that one.


Alright well I think I'm done with this because it's kind of a boring topic that makes no sense, but there are lots and lots of pictures soon to come (as soon as we get our big computer at home online). Stay tuned and have a happy week!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Ok, I can think of a way that painting is like ya'll, but it's not G-rated.... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! I was going to call you this morning, and then remembered about the time change, and then remembered that you'd kill me if I woke you up... So I'll talk to you soon! I love you both!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary.